Saturday, November 23, 2013

NETFLIX & HULU IN KOREA.

I know, I know -- this is not one of the blog posts I've promised to publish. My apologies. The end of term has been busy, as usual, this time more so because two dear friends just left to make their way back home, meaning a lot of evenings were spent hanging out.

However, I just feel like this is important. Maybe it's old news, but I was just informed of this and I just need to tell everyone.

I have gotten Netflix and Hulu to work in Korea. 

I've tried various other ways to block my IP address, but none of the free services worked as well as I wanted. I got annoyed with the buffering and poor quality, and I really didn't want to pay for a better VPN service. Since the free ones sucked, I just gave up. Until earlier this week!

The tip came from one of Corey's former coworkers, and it's super, super simple.

1. Download Google Chrome.
2. Download/install the Chrome extension called "Media Hint."
3. Never leave your apartment again because you're watching ALL the movies and TV shows on Netflix and Hulu.

Mega easy. Really, this will work for anyone outside of Netflix-designated countries. You're welcome.

And with that, I'm going to go back to marathoning "Supernatural," so, byeeeeeeeeeee.

ps. Netflix and "Supernatural" may or may not be a contributing reason to my lack of posting lately. I'm kind of sorry... ish.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like your article. I will keep coming here, Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love you for this. I have literally never commented on a blog before, but I had to thank you for this info. I've been in Korea for about a month and have been desperately missing my shows. Thank you!

    -Lauren from St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you're welcome! enjoy! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I have media hint, netflix is working but not Hulu.. is this not happening to you?

      Delete
    3. oh, really? everything is still fine for me.

      Delete
  3. Holy snaps, I am trying to be there this August and you just saved me! I would've died if I couldn't watch Supernatural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, i completely understand. :) glad to help!

      Delete
  4. I am using gogohulu ( http://gogohulu.com/watch-hulu-in-korea.html ) and it works great for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You magical, wonderful human being. I have been here for a month and haven't found anything that works. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete